Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fantastic Felting



Can't stop felting now.
Finished off a couple of new numbers to take down to Little Sparrow today. In the afternoon I realised time had got away from me and I had to meet one of the girls in town for new shoes - left in a hurry. When we got home my family couldn't decide if a large coloured sheep had come in and shook itself or if it had farted! (strange sense of humour my family) there was wool everywhere.

You see although I have a lovely wee space to work in the corner of our living room, when I have the house to myself during the day I do spread out a bit. As well as the wool roving (or tops depending where you're from) today I also had my embroidery thread, commercial felt, beads, mat and frames all spread out and had over-flowed into the bathroom for gluing. Oh what a delightful sight; evidence of a day well spent. However others like to relax on the couch at the end of the day so it has all been tossed back into my area now while I anxiously wait for tomorrow to come and I can get it all out again - yay!


Meet Me At Mikes is having a Make-a-long - February is Felt and I am just in time! I am posting today's works as my participation. I haven't worked out the flicker thing yet and maybe I will and maybe I won't but I still wanna play a little anyway.


Further to Mikes, we had the first Brown Owl meet for the year last night and my first one ever! I was very nervous walking in but had a great time meeting lovely crafty ladies. There was talk of "I do this but sometimes that" and confessions of projects yet to be completed. There was sharing of hopes and plans for Meet and Makes for the rest of the year, and there was a lot of laughing about kindred obsessive spirits being found. Hooray, it was fun and I look forward to the next get together.

No comments: