Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stitching fun


I have spent the last three days at the Stitches and Craft show setting up and then working on a "Craft Bar" A new venture this year we are one of four "Bars" around the show that anyone can come and have a seat at and try a project out- for free!. In my case we are sharing some great designs from Sublime Stitching and sharing some pointers to get people going on embroidery, for some the first time ever, for others the first time in years so a wee refresher . Some like me have been looking at these great patterns from Texas USA online and now getting a chance to have a try. This is one of the 'sexy librarians' that I have started as a wee sampler. (sorry about the shadow- it is late and I am rushing to get some beauty sleep- still 3 days to go)

It is so great to feel some new energy in the show. Where I wandered a lot last year feeling a bit stuck in nana land, new to the city and wishing to find some creative friends . This year feels so much more open and inviting and hip and now. Although I am still a bit shy about making friends. :-)

Absolutely stuffed at the end of the day, a lot of talking, on my feet all day and so wanting to see everything as well, but LOVING it. If you can make it to the show come and say Hi and have a stitch. I haven't had a chance to take any photos and being a complete newb I don't know how to share but Lark has taken some great ones including one of me at my Bar,(yes I can often be found at the bar) so check her site here out for a feel of the place.



No comments: